|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bath/Shower rooms||Pets||Outdoor||Ocean Leisure Club Membership|
|4||2||1||Yes||Private garden + 9 acres communal space|
For pictures of the renovation work in progress, see the Gallery page
This is a fabulous holiday location at Budle Bay, just north of Bamburgh. This cottage, and neighbouring Budle Falls , form part of this magical coastal smallholding where the very friendly owners live on site. A beautifully styled internal space, with both private and communal outside spaces, this cottage will appeal to a family party, or equally to 2 couples holidaying together. Haugh (pronounced 'Hoff') is an Old English and Scots term referring to a low-lying meadow in a river valley, hence the name of this cottage. Budle Haugh sits next to the river so guests can enjoy the sound of bubbling water and views over the river and meadow - including the swans, herons and the abundant river based wildlife there. The river is fenced off and the cottage has a river side walled garden so it is safe for children. Guests can get river access from the communal grounds to play pooh sticks and fish.
- 2 bedrooms, one with King Size bed, one with flexible twin or Superking bed (please state at time of booking otherwise they will be as found)
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen area with log burner
- Bathroom with separate double shower cubicle
- Fully enclosed private walled garden with views over river and river meadow from a raised patio and bbq area
- Play garden shared with the owners with 9 acres of grass, fields, walks and stream
Special features and feel of Budle Haugh
- A coastal toned paint palette throughout
- TV's in living room and both bedrooms
- Dvd and Playstation3
- Hand painted solid wood kitchen in Farrow and Ball French Gray with granite worktops
- Benefit of private garden and use of 9 acres of woodland, fields, river and play area.
- Depending upon the age of your children, the owner of Budle Haugh will make available age/gender appropriate toys, outdoor equipment and books - customising the cottage for your children!
- Woodland stage for those adventurous divas, a large open fire pit for those Kumbya moments and a fabulous tree house with horse swing, slide, climbing ladders and trapeze! – all in Bluebell woods, part of this smallholding
- Well behaved dogs are welcome at Budle Haugh for a fee of £25 (doggy basket and treats provided!)
Children at Budle Haugh
A travel cot, highchair, baby bath, and steriliser can be provided on request.
Baby rucksack and stroller on request
Please just let us know what you would like to use when you make your booking at Budle Haugh. There are often children at Budle Falls , the neighbouring cottage, aswell as the owner's children to make friends with.
What you will find at Budle Haugh
Full central heating, double glazing, log burner, phone with free UK calls, wifi access, dishwasher, range cooker, microwave, slow cooker, washer-dryer, iron, ironing board, large fridge freezer, electric blender wand, electric hand mixer, cafetiere, iPad with films, games and music, Nintendo DS with assorted games, hairdryers and straighteners. Flat screen TV, DVD and PS3 in lounge and flat screen TV/ DVD/CD and IPOD Docking station in each bedroom. Games, books, toys (indoors and out), selection of DVDs, CDs and PS3 games for adults and children, BBQ, outside log burner, sand pit and ride on toys. Buggy, double mattress travel cot with linen, high chair, baby monitor, steriliser, baby bath, toddler step and potty also available on request. Dogs are most welcome at Budle Haugh and a dog bed and bowls can be provided.
Additional services and Benefits offered
- Guest membership of The Ocean Leisure Club in nearby Seahouses (20m pool, childrens pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, gym, health and beauty spa, cafe. £6 entry per adult and £3 for children over 2, babies free of charge)
- Babysitting by arrangement
- Private Catering (details on request)
- Doggy Day Care on request
- Shooting can be arranged directly with the owners
- Double Bank fishing rights on the small holding itself
Location and surrounding area (Map)
Just minutes north of picturesque Bamburgh village with its towering castle and famous white sandy beaches, Budle Haugh makes a great base for exploring the magnificent Northumbrian coastline and countryside, close to walks and cycle routes. It lies only 2 miles from Bamburgh with its historic castle, many amenities and beaches and the village of Belford inland. Close by is Holy Island, with one of the most important centres of early christianity in Anglo Saxon England, the Lindisfarne Priory. This cottage also has the benefit, despite its rural location, of being within walking distance of a highly recommended restaurant in the Waren House Hotel (for adults without children).
Country Retreats Recommendations
Ideal for a family as children will love the play area, farm animals and the snatches of farm life on offer. Would be wonderful booked with neighbouring Budle Falls for 2 families wanting to holiday together but wanting their own private space too.
A couple or 2 couples holidaying together would appreciate the style, luxurious touches and the outside space for walks or even private fishing on the river.
Perfect holiday cottage. The living space is compact but very cleverly designed and beautifully presented
"Utterly magical! We were lucky enough to be the first family to stay at Budle Haugh and what a treat it has been, we didn't want to leave. The cottage and location are first class – so much more than we could have asked for. Many thanks to Allison and family for making our holiday so special and for being so welcoming and hospitable. So many "best bits" but a few highlights include the fabulous wendy house and toys, feeding the lambs, collecting and eating freshly laid eggs…the list goes on! We really appreciated the personal touches – fresh flowers, welcome pack and the children adored the brilliant age appropriate toys. We will definitely be back! Thanks again." Simon and family, May 2013.
I just wanted to thank you both for a wonderful weekend in a lovely cottage. My friends and I have been up to that area a number of times, it is a firm favourite for relaxation and exploring. Of the cottages we have stayed in Budle Haugh is probably in the best location for getting to all the highlights of the area and was a lovely spot to return to each evening and the best kitted out cottage I have ever stayed in. Thanks also to Ian and Jedd for the tour of the animals, that was great.' Shiona July 2013
'Lovely place, lovely cottage, lovely people. We are booking both cottages and coming back with the rest of the family we loved it so much. Thank you'. Lorrae and family, July 2013.
"Budle Haugh is just perfect. Idyllic setting and beautiful grounds and walks to explore and the bonus of the animals to hand (fresh eggs!). The cottage ticks every box. Its home form home and has everything you could ever need with the added extra of a host who has considered everything that you may have forgotten!! As a couple with a busy toddler it has been heaven – an enclosed garden, complete with a collection of toys, and a quiet and tranquil setting – perfect! Thank you Allison for your attention throughout." Steve and family – June 2013.
"A fantastic, idyllic spot to explore Northumberland! Budle Haugh has been fabulous: friendly, cosy and Allison and family are great hosts. Thank you for the warm welcome, toys, films and friends to play with! We are sure we'll be back…" Lisa and family - May 2013.
Rate Band B1
|Seasons 2014||Short Break||7 Nights|
Floor Plan ( not exactly to scale but for illustration purposes only)