|2||5 + cot||1||Yes||A|
A traditional and beautifully presented country cottage garden was the inspiration for the name of this cottage. It bursts into life in the earliest days of Spring when the professionally designed outside space and borders begin a rolling display of colour which changes from week to week. The inside of this 5 Star property is no less impressive as original rustic features blend with classic luxury to offer a truly memorable holiday cottage in a picturesque and popular part of North Yorkshire. Fitted and furnished to 5 star Visit Britain Gold Award standards and given a Country Retreats GOLD award status for 2013
- Spacious master bedroom with kingsized bed and full size day which will be made up for 5th guest on request only
- Twin bedroom
- Family bathroom with freestanding bath and separate shower cubicle
- Large 'family room' - kitchen,dining area and sitting area with TV
- Separate living room with log burner and TV
- Entrance hallway with utility cupboard and Cloaks/wc
- Externally there is a patio and garden laid to lawn
- Private parking for 1 car
Special features and feel of Spring Cottage
- Classic elegant country styling
- Original beams, oak flooring, exposed stonework and other architectural features
- Rich Farrow and Ball colour scheme
- Painted fitted kitchen with oak worktops and ceramic sink
- Telephone and wifi
- Flat screen tv in living room and upstairs in master bedroom
- Stunning south facing, private, lawned garden with patio with bbq and outdoor furniture
- Bikes available for guest use
- Garden swings
- Vegetable patch and herb garden - help yourselves!
- Foodie Heaven! Close to The Star at Harome and also James Martin's new Talbot Restaurant in Malton.
What you will find at Spring Cottage
- Integrated ceramic hob and electric fan oven
- Smeg dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer
- Retro fridge/freezer, microwave, cafetiere
- Patio furniture and bbq
- 2 adult and 2 child's bikes (please use at your own risk)
- Tv's, dvd player, telephone
- Wifi,hifi, digital radio
Our highest 5 duckling rating with cot, highchair, stairgate available and toys, dressing up box in addition to the lovely child-friendly garden.
Location and Locality
The cottage is situated down a gravel track close to 3 other cottages. Parking is alongside the cottage. The rear garden is not overlooked and has views over neighbouring farmland.
Situated in the village of Great Habton, Spring Cottage is within each reach of the market towns of Pickering (with it's North Yorks steam railway), Malton with James Martin's acclaimed new Talbot restaurant (about 5 miles) and Helmsley. 4 miles from stunning Castle Howard and 7 miles from the award winning Star Inn at Harome. The historic city of York is 22 miles away. Coastal resorts of Whitby, Filey and Scarborough are within easy reach too. More places to visit include Flamingo Land, Eden Camp, Nunnington Hall, Duncombe Park and Scampston Walled gardens.
See The Times '50 best places to eat Al Fresco'
Entries number 3, 37 and 43
A family with up to 2 children or couples who wish to be well-placed for the walks and attractions of the North York moors area
'We were incredibly impressed away with Spring Cottage - just what we like and never seen anywhere so immaculate. Full marks to housekeeper! From the Brownies and Wine to the Emergency Box in Master Room, don't think there is anything we could suggest on the questionnaire. It's so peaceful with heavenly views from the back and my, what a perfect garden.
Each cosy night in the lounge, even with little tea lights to enhance the atmosphere, seriously we were so relaxed. We managed some visits to places around and loved the New Malton Inn food, Cappermans fish n chips is it in Pickering near the railway and a wee drinkie in the Grapes on our last evening'
"The whole booking procedure was very efficient and friendly.... We were impressed"
"The most beautiful holiday cottage we have ever stayed in"
"..only problem is we didn't want to leave!"
' Really lovely cottage, beautifully presented and very comfortable'
'the versatile master bedroom meant our toddler could sleep in our bedroom when we wanted'
Country Retreats Candid Comments
( giving you the only down sides we can think of about a property before you book!)
Price Guide 2013 £ sterling
|Season||Short Break||7 Nights|